Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23

To All,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.

I have been really tired since Friday night. The solution is to do some exercise so I hope to go out for a walk today.

We had a great family Shabbat dinner. Great food from David Smith but more importantly great to be with Family.

I was able to get a haircut early Saturday morning, so I do look respectable now.
I did though have the discussion of considering the Bruce Willis look.

The Raiders lost Saturday night 1-0. I attended the game but probably should have not.
The Raiders down 3-1 in games played last night in Cornwall and won 4-3. I did not attend.
Now the series is 3-2 for Cornwall with game 6 Wednesday night at 7:30pm in rink 2 at the Nepean Sportsplex.
Hopefully I will attend.

Through the last 4 days I have been tired. I asked Liz when I am going to get my energy back. She jokingly responded "in a year."

I have yet to finish my first chemo cycle. I have such high admiration for those who have had multiple chemo treatments.
The determination, strength and tenacity needed is remarkable, true warriors.

The most common 2 word phrases I know are Thank you, Happy Birthday and to the other extreme F*ck You. (Sorry if I have offended anyone).
I have learnt recently, a better 2 word phrase from Jordi, our daughter, who was involved in a fundraiser for cancer research, "F*ck Cancer."

I am going to beat cancer. I am not going to survive cancer. I have realized that surviving cancer gives cancer too much respect.
I will beat cancer and be a winner, not a survivor.

And when I beat cancer, there will be a big party for all to celebrate our time together through this experience.

It will be "Party at Arn's" and my high school friends know what that means.

I have upgraded Liz' driving skills to above average realizing who she has to deal with in the passenger seat.

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment