Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26

To All,

Sadly, the Raiders lost on Wednesday 3-2 in overtime and therefore lost the season final series 4-2 game.
The boys played their hearts out. The Raiders will soon prepare for next year.

Yesterday I had my PICC cleaned, flushed and redressed.
Through the Champlain Community Care Access Centre, the services were provided by Carefor.
It was excellent service and provided me the confidence of the care I will receive for my PICC.
Now I can have the 46 hour pump removed in Ottawa rather than stay an extra 2 days in Montreal.

Liz and I are off to Montreal Sunday night with an appointment with Dr. Bouganim, my oncologist Monday at 9:15am.
The second round of chemo will start on Tuesday at 8:45am.

I have rested most of this week, still with not a lot of energy.
I am doing okay. My appetite has been good.
My sugar levels seem to be under control with my insulin 4 times a day.

Lessons learnt for the next round of chemo:

1) Listen to my wife.

2) Listen to the women around me.

3) Speak up when something in my body is changing during the process.

4) Exercise more.

5) Be thankful every morning for having loving and caring Family and Friends.


I have decided to limit my time in public areas and with groups of people just to be protective of possible germs.
Also my unfortunate gas has been rather embarrassing of late.

Wishing everyone the best of health.

Have a great weekend,

Shabbat Shalom,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment