Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8

To all,

Liz and I are on our way home.

Thank you all for your good wishes. They are greatly appreciated.

We had a good conversation with Dr.Metrakos and a very appreciated follow up discussion with Dr. Hartley Stern.

I have a game plan formulating.

The tumour is small and malignant. Its location creates some challenges. Where on the pancreas, ok but close to the portal vein and an artery.

Rather than operate right away, the plan is to do 5 or 6 rounds of chemo, rest 5 or 6 weeks and then operate.

The chemo would start next week and end mid June. If all goes well with the chemo, we can do our family cruise and trip to Israel June end to mid July and then have the operation July end.

I will need to eat well and exercise to build up my strength after chemo and before the operation.

I guess I need to call upon the She-Devil (my personal trainer) to get me back to exercising. Not happy about the idea, but probably best.

This is the first game plan, but as we go it might have to change.

We are moving forward and I am up for the challenge.

Lots of love and many thanks to all,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment