Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15

To all,

Today has been a busy day for Liz and I.

This morning we met my oncologist, Dr. Bouganim.

This is what we learnt:

1. He is taking the chemotherapy treatments very seriously so I did not ask him how my Harry Rosen model application would be affected by the prescribed regime.

2. I do not have any say in the process, his way no matter what. This is my experience at home  anyways so I do not need much adjustment.

3. I can eat whatever I want. So I had a plate of the devil's food -- french fries -- for room service tonight.

4. I am in excellent hands with Dr. Bouganim and his team.

5. The chemotherapy is serious. It is folfirnox and it is described as the "good stuff," a mixture of 3 drugs.

6. I am able to start treatment tomorrow.

Liz and I will be staying in Montreal until Thursday. Treatments will be every 2 weeks. Future treatments we will stay only 1 day. The number of treatments will depend on how it goes.

Liz drove back to Ottawa this afternoon to pick up some medicine for me and other stuff. She is on her way back to Montreal now.

Our family cruise/trip to Israel will be accommodated with the treatment schedule.

I am thankful that the chemotherapy phase begins tomorrow and we will then see what transpires.

I am confident that it is going to be okay.

Once again, to all thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
It is greatly appreciated.

All the very best,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment