Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 2

Good Morning to All,

I am doing okay.

On January 28th I had my 9th post operation chemo treatment and my 5th
treatment at the QCH.
Following each treatment, I come home with a 46 hour pump.

My treatments are now Tuesday mornings for 5-6 hours and my pump is
removed Thursday afternoons.

My special highlights that have occurred since Tuesday are I started
exercising on Friday and went to a movie on Saturday with Liz.

I go to movies really because I love theatre popcorn.
As each time I go, again I ate too much popcorn.
I did enjoy the movie, Labour Day.
It was a chick flick.

But really starting to exercising was my great highlight.

I woke up on January 19th asking myself what I am doing for my body's
health.

My chemo treatments were dealing with my cancer.
My work and starting back to some volunteer work is great for my mind, but
what about my body.

I heard of a lady who 6 months after a whippel procedure ran a half
marathon and all I am doing is walking up and down stairs.

Light bulb goes on, I got to start exercising. I sent an email to my
personal trainer.I can only imagine the shock I gave her.

Before my diagnosis, I hated exercising. I have had a personal trainer for
14 years twice a week and I hated getting together.
My office is 2 minutes from my house but I was usually late for most
sessions.

People know I recognize my personal trainer as the "She Devil".

Now she is one of my angels, though the identification of She Devil will
remain.

I contacted the the ORCF and they arranged for the She Devil and I to meet
with an expert on dealing with exercising while battling cancer.
It was a very informative conversation and helped us out on what to do and
more importantly what my expectations should be.

So I started last Friday and it was great. The session included 15 minutes
on my bike. I hope to ride my bike now each day depending on my strength.
Here is a photo to prove it.



It is clear that one has to have a comprehensive game plan and a
Championship team to do battle with cancer.

I know I am on my way to be a Champion and I thank you all for your
participation.

Your notes of encouragement, your contributions to my Father's memory,your
thoughtfulness and your your love is so much appreciated.

To those who love football, enjoy the Super Bowl tonight, to those who are
exercise freaks continue and to those that do not exercise regularly, if I
can do it so can you.

Be healthy, be happy and cherish what you have.

Lots of love,

Arnie.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your continuing story with the people who care about you. It is a courageous and generous gesture. We are rooting for you. Stay strong.
    Shelley rivier

    ReplyDelete