Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23

To all,

Liz and I enjoyed Florida with its warm weather. It was also great to
watch our Canadian Olympians do their best.

Tori was with us the whole time and Ariel joined us for the long weekend.

My love and thanks go to Liz for taking such good care of me.

It seems that the family enjoys catching me sleeping anywhere I go.
Here are 2 photos, one after I enjoyed my pecan pie and one by the
pool.





I am happy to have had the opportunity to go to Florida. I hope to go
again in March.

I am not a religious person, but I believe in God. It seems with the
challenges I am facing that one needs to try to understand the big picture.

I am reading a book by Rabbi Shalom Arush titled The Garden of Emuna, a
practical guide to life.

Emuna is the firm belief in a single, supreme, omniscient, benevolent,
spiritual, supernatural, and all-powerful Creator of the universe, who we
refer to as God.

There is Basic-level Emana which teaches that God is the lone sovereign of
the universe, whose surgically-precise Divine Providence is responsible
for every single occurrence in the universe- big or small.

There is Intermediate-level Emuna which is the belief that everything God
does is for the very best, even though it may appear otherwise.

There is Upper-level Emuna which is the belief that God does everything
for a specific purpose, and that each of God's actions conveys a special
message aimed at helping us perform our task on earth.

God has given me the opportunity to understand what is important in life,
Family and Friends.
How to be happy and enjoy life. Most importantly to truly cherish what I
have.

I am happy because I am in God's hands and he is taking good care of me.

Wishing everyone, health, happiness and to cherish what you have.

Lots of love,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment