Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14

To all,


Good morning.

I am doing okay.

I had my 6th chemo treatment at the QCH on Tuesday. All went well though I was pretty tired during the chemo treatment. Sleeping though is one of my best talents.

This week I was asked to be the Honourary Chair for the QCH upcoming campaign.

My first reaction was, I did not think I was old enough to be an Honourary Chair.

My second reaction was to accept.

So why did I accept.

The QCH is an integral participant in providing remarkable medical services to our City of Ottawa.

The facility is fantastic. More importantly the QCH has unbelievable staff including doctors, nurses and the many support staff.

The QCH is on the cutting edge of providing patient services. This is so encouraging and can be attributed to the great leadership of Tom Schonberg, QCH President/CEO.

But the most important reason why I accepted was the opportunity to work with my very good friend Ron Prehogan, Campaign Chair and with Melanie Adams, QCH Foundation President/CEO.

Below is the link to the video that was presented at the QCH Visionaries Breakfast which I participated in. It tells my story. Remember to use the password QCH.

My Family has been contributors to many medical institutions in Ottawa, not knowing that today I would be benefitting from the Irving Greenberg Family Cancer Centre, a partnership between the QCH and TOH. For me I feel an obligation to give back the best way I can.

Liz and I are off to Florida tomorrow for a week to enjoy the warm weather and to be able to walk outside. We will be joined by two of our daughters.

I wish everyone a good week and enjoyment watching the Olympics. Go Canada Go!

Be healthy, be happy and cherish what you have.

All the very best,

Arnie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arnie,
    This is Charlie Perry, your old classmate from Carleton, writing from Calgary. Janice and I were wondering about you at the dinner table the other day, and I went on the web to find you. Only then did I learn of your great contributions to the community, your fight with cancer ..... and your inspirational strength. We've subscribed to Cronicles of Arnia, and will be staying in touch better than we have in the last 36 years. Hi also to Liz and the rest of your wonderful family. Have a restful and warm trip to Florida.
    Sincerely,
    Charlie (Carleton Mech 78), Janice, Tim and Hannah Perry in Calgary

    ReplyDelete