Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3, 2014

To All,

Happy New Year.

Wishing you and your loved ones all the very best for 2014.

I am doing okay.

We all arrived home safely on January 1st and I had a chemo treatment yesterday.
The chemo knocked me out, but I am doing okay.
I did wake up today at 3:45am so I will have a shluff this afternoon.

We had a great family vacation enjoying family, the warm weather and our swimming pool.
Liz's Brother's Family visited for 3 days.
It was great to see 9 cousins get along so well.

The kids went to a Florida hockey game and the infamous Dolphin's football game.

We went out for dinner 8 nights, something I have not done for the last 8 months.
It was great to be out and appreciated the understanding of everyone of realizing my limitations.
I had to leave dinner earlier some nights due to being very tired once dessert came along.

We  had a great Christmas Eve dinner for 18 cooked by our daughter's boyfriend.

I went to 2 movies which I have not done so frequently in the last 8 months.
I really enjoy movies but probably I enjoy eating popcorn more.

On the plane home I thanked Liz for a great family vacation.
She said "No problem" and then offered me a lifesaver candy purple or yellow. I took purple.

Then I thought to myself, "Liz is my lifesaver."

It is so important to have a great spouse and remarkable and understanding kids on one's championship team and I have a great Championship team.

It is also so important to push oneself to enjoy life as it is very easy to not make the effort. The rewards are meaningful.

Have a enjoyable weekend and hopefully it will warm up.

All the very best,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment