Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20

To All,

To quote a former Governor of California "I am back!".

The recent 10 days have been busy, but also I have been tired.

I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day and the recent long weekend.
Quite the game yesterday for the Senators, truly a team of great character and stamina.
Wednesday night will be an exciting evening for all.

I did have my 5 days of Neupogen starting on May 10th. 
The last 3 injections were done by Liz and she certainly was smiling each time she stabbed me in the stomach.

I had a meaningful week last week as it included Mother's Day, my Father's Yahrzeit and Yizkor.

For Mother's Day we enjoyed a brunch at Danya and David's new place. 
Though I ate too much and had a shluff quickly it was enjoyable to be with the all of the kids and my Mother. 
My energy level though throughout the weekend was very low.

Having everyone home gave us the opportunity to take a family photo. 
As always many thanks to Marilyn Mikkelsen for her patience with the Vered gang.

My Father's Yahrzeit is the Hebrew calendar's anniversary of My Father's passing away. 
My Father was a great man, a great Husband, a great Father, a great Brother, a great Saba,a great Uncle, a great Cousin, a great friend to so many and a great person. 
His memory each day gives me such strength as I confront my daily challenges.

Yizkor is a time to recite prayers for those who passed away. 
More importantly it is a time to remember the wonderful memories of family who have contributed so much to our well being. 
Liz's parents Irving and Zelda and my Father did so much for their children and their grandchildren, such remarkable and meaningful memories.

Sadly for me I started the weekend of May 11th depressed, I was upset over a few things. 
Strange, as I was entering a weekend of family time, but I got depressed. 
One can say you're allowed those moments but I realized afterwards that it was wrong of me. 
I need to be always positive and be around positive activity. 
I cannot afford to experience any negativity or enter a situation that might create any negativity. 
To beat cancer you need to be strong and never weak.

Going to Shul twice this week allowed me to listen to Rabbi Bulka. 
He reminded me that the first prayer said each morning is to "Thank God that you are alive today." 
Truly to be thankful for your health, your Family and for your happiness. 
Everything else is a plus.

Also going to Shul, I was able to wear my new Harry Rosen threads. 
Claude of Harry Rosen and my fashion consultant Solly would have been proud of me.

Also during last week I was given 2 more books as presents to read for a total of 4. 
This is putting extreme pressure on my normally allotted reading time. 
I am happy to report though that I am halfway through 1 book and 25% through a second book. 
They are strategically located in the house for easy access.

This week is a big week for me. 
I have a portacath installation scheduled for Tuesday in Ottawa and Chemo scheduled in Montreal for Wednesday. 
The 2 events are dependent on my blood work early Tuesday morning.

For your information, I am considering creating a blog for my updates with the assistance of my kids. 
A good friend suggested the title "The Chronicles of Arnie-a". M
y initial polling is quite favorable for the title.

Now it is time to go to sleep as I have an early morning.

Many thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.
They are so much appreciated.

All the very best,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment