Thursday, April 10, 2014

March 10 -- Memories

To all,

Good evening.

I am doing okay.

On Tuesday, I completed the third round of my new 3 week on chemo treatment
regimen.

Next week I do not have a treatment as it is my scheduled week off.

I will be enjoying Passover with Family and Friends. Our 1st Seder is at
my Mother's and our 2nd Seder is at Liz'.

Liz hopes to have over 60 people for the second Seder. Liz has been doing
a lot of cooking lately. We shall have a happy and meaningful Seder.

My potassium is low, but has risen.I am taking potassium pills, but stupid
me, on Tuesday I realized it was 2 pills twice a day. I was doing 1 pill
twice a day. The dumb engineer in me.

I have recently had low blood pressure readings so I am to have a blood
transfusion on April 17th.

I appeared a bit dehydrated so I will be getting a 24 hour pump for
at least 3 days and it may be for 7 days. The hydration pump started today.

I am happy that solutions are being made for my issues. This provides
extreme confidence in my Championship Team.

Having more energy will be so great for me.

Last week would have been My Father's 88th birthday. Together with my
Mother, Liz, 4 kids and a boyfriend we visited the cemetery last Sunday
morning.

My Father suffered dementia/Alzheimer during his last years. This was
tough for all of our Family and for his Friends.

It is not an easy disease to deal with as my Father was definitely a
different man, but he always had the same heart.

I spent more quality time with him in his last few years as he was always
so busy when he was healthy.

While at the cemetery, it brought back such wonderful thoughts and
memories.

My Parents immigrated to Canada after the Israeli War of Independence. My
Father was the first Israeli in the McGill Engineering program. He
actually entered 2nd year engineering with a grade 10 education.

My parents moved to Ottawa to start up a business. I have met people who
knew my Dad when all he owned was a wheel barrow.

Together with my Mother, my Dad developed very successful and respected
businesses.

I am so proud of my Parents for the remarkable achievements. As Israeli
immigrants, they have received each the Order of Canada, one of the
highest recognitions the Government of Canada gives out.

With all of my Parents' successes my Father always stress the importance
of giving back to the community to help make it a better community to live
in.
He felt that the Ottawa community gave our Family the opportunity to
prosper so it is only right to help the Ottawa community to prosper and to
help improve the many institutions in our city.

I am so thankful to my Parents for what they have provided for my Family.
This includes their wisdom, their morals and their leadership qualities.

Liz and I hope we can pass on these meaningful traits to our children.

Good memories are wonderful to have to maintain a positive attitude and I
have great memories of my late Father and my Mother.

Wishing you all health, happiness and cherish what you have.

All the very best,

Love you all,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment