Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18 -- Goals in Life

To all,

Good morning.

Happy Passover and Happy Easter.

A wonderful time of the year to enjoy family and friends.

Since my chemo on April 8th alot has transpired. Due to my blood results
on April 7th I needed to be hydrated and have a blood transfusion.


I received a 24 hydration pump on April 10th. What a pain to shlep around
and it beeped each time it pump the fluids. Not very conducive for sleeping.

I had the pump on for 2 days and had it removed on April 12th.The problem
is I had one of my worst sleeps ever that night. Between going to the
bathroom every 11/2 hours and the beeping, I did not get much sleep.

I was so tired on April 12th that I slept on the way from home to
Carleton University to go to the Ontario Medal for Citizenship ceremony.

Liz and I arrived early to have a private conversation with Lt. Governor
Onley. It was such a wonderful and warm experience that I seemed to get
my energy back. Liz and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Lt. Governor
Onley mentioned that the best part of his job was the opportunity to meet
so many nice people. What is amazing is he is a regular guy that does
remarkable things.

The ceremony was a wonderful opportunity for family and friends to
celebrate. Many, many thanks to those who attended.

Lt. Governor Onley spoke so well, it brought tears to my eyes. Minister
Chiarelli made the official presentation on behalf of the Government of
Ontario.

Many, many thanks to Mayor Watson, Roseann Runte and Shannon Gorman for
their so meaningful words. Their thoughts were greatly appreciated.

Then the Passover Seders. We were at my Mother's the first night and at
home the second night. Two wonderful experiences in different ways.

My Mother's was with our family and my 2 brothers' families. The food was
great and the opportunity to celebrate Passover together was very
meaningful to all.

At home, Liz had 65 people. For me it was tough to maintain decorum
during the reading of the Haggadah  but I believed I succeeded.

The highlights of the Seder were listening to Daniel and Kierra recite
the 4 questions in Hebrew and Daxton reading his assigned portion of the
Haggadah. The 2 grandmothers were very proud of their grandchildren's
performance.

The food was fantastic and plentiful.

No one left hungry at all and some left with doggy bags. It was a
remarkable group effort led by Liz.

Many,many thanks to Liz's siblings and cousins who made the drive in from
Montreal and Toronto to be with us.

Yesterday I had my blood transfusion. Hopefully I will have the added
energy I need by tomorrow.

I have realized that one has to set goals in life to be satisfied with
one's life.

My goals, from what I have learnt the last 12 months as I do my battle
with cancer is to be happy, enjoy life and enjoy life with family and
friends. Pretty simple. Everything else will fall into place.

I am starting next week, 3 weeks of chemo and then 1 week off. During our
week off Liz and I will go to Florida with 2 of our best friends. It will
be such an enjoyable time to relax in the sun.

In August we are doing another family cruise and then a week in Israel to
visit our Israeli family.

Two wonderful opportunities to enjoy family and friends.

Also, I had 4 sessions during the last 2 weeks with the She-Devil. I look
forward to seeing her and enjoy the opportunity to exercise. Boy have I
changed.

So plain and simple goals, be happy, enjoy life and enjoy life with
family and friends.

Have a happy remainder of Passover and a Happy Easter.

With much love,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment