Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31

Good evening to all,

I hope all is well with everyone and that you actually believe spring is
around the corner.

I am doing okay. I have a new chemo treatment regimen, 3 weeks on and 1
week off.
Tomorrow I have chemo in the morning which will be my second treatment of
3 for my first cycle.

I am looking forward to going to Florida May 10th to 17th It will be my
week off in May.
Unfortunately I will miss attending the ORCF breakfast. I participated in
a video for the ORCF which turned out great.

The ORCF breakfast is on Thursday May 15, 7:30-8:45am at the formerly
Hampton Inn on Coventry Road.

Check out www.ottawacancer.ca/bigbreakfast.aspx .

I have learnt a lot during my challenge about life and what is important
in the big scheme of life.

I have realized the importance of simple short phrases, specifically "
Thank you" and " I am sorry".

I was okay in responding with " Thank you" but really not at all good at
responding " I am sorry". it seems usually " I am sorry" follows when one
does not realize to say "thank you" when some one is just trying to help
and you react too quickly in a negative way.

Well I am trying real hard to change to be more understanding of the
importance of saying "Thank you" and " I am sorry".

Thank you to Liz and our kids for all that you do for me and for your love
and understanding especially when I might appear to be an asshole.

Thank you to Liz for showing to me that Kid's Wipes are so much more
softer and refreshing than  regular toilet paper.

Thank you to all of my doctors, nurses and programs who are so caring and
understanding when one does battle with cancer. It is so helpful in
maintaining a positive attitude.

Thank you to all of you for being on my Championship team. The responses I
get maybe 70-80 after each update are so inspiring to me. It gives mean
added strength that I am so thankful for.

Thank you to the She-Devil for helping me get back to exercising.

Thank you to the institutions for coming to me for advice. I enjoy helping
others and you give me the opportunity to do what i enjoy best.

Thank you to God for taking care of me so I do not have to worry about my
fate.

I am sorry to Liz and the kids for being an asshole sometimes. Your
understanding is so appreciative.

I am sorry to you for not providing timely updates. Your concerns are so
appreciated.

I am sorry that I can not fulfill all of my volunteer commitments as I
love so much helping others.

I am sorry that i have not been able to see most of you as with my chemo I
am not appearing in public due to as Liz describes it as a germ
environment.

I am sorry to the She-Devil for the abuse I caused, now understanding the
importance of exercising.

I am sorry for being short with people but I really do not want to sweat
the small stuff.

So I am doing okay and learning about life every day.

Wishing everyone all the very best.

Be healthy, be happy and cherish what you have.

With lots of love,

Arnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment